Trauma, especially road traffic accidents have been reported as the ninth most common cause of death, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Malaysia has one of the highest traffic fatality rates, ranking 3rd in the world.
Injured patients present a wide range of life threatening injuries. Health care providers equipped with knowledge and skills are able to improve patients’ outcome and reduce mortality.
Trauma Life Support Course presents a concise and systematic approach to assess and manage polytrauma patients for doctors and paramedics. Participants are taught on resuscitations and immediate management that are easily used in their daily practice.
This course provides the participants with systematic skills and knowledge to
1. Apply the principles of primary and secondary surveys in trauma
2. Institute appropriate resuscitation management and procedures
3. Manage basic airway and thoracic trauma, shock and trauma to head, spine, chest, abdomen and pelvis
4. Perform and interpret trauma Xrays and ultrasound. Eg: eFAST
1. Each participants will be provided with a course book prior to the course.
2. Teaching session consists of Lectures and Skills Station
3. Examination consists of written exam (MCQ) and a trauma moulage.
4. Participants are required to pass both examinations to qualify for certification. Participant who fails both components will receive certificate of attendance only. The participant may opt to re-sit the examinations in the subsequent course
1. Early Management of Polytrauma
2. Airway & Ventilation Management
3. Thoracic Trauma
4. Abdominal and Pelvis Trauma
5. Head Trauma
6. Spine Trauma
7. Pediatric Trauma
8. Obstetric Trauma
9. Management of Shock
10. Triage, Stabilization & Transportation of Trauma
1. Airway & Ventilation
2. Surgical Airway
3. Finger & Needle Thoracocentesis
4. Circulation & Intraosseous Cannulation
6. Xray interpretation
7. Extended Focused Assessment of Sonography in Trauma (Efast)
8. Trauma Moulage
Pre Course Assessment and course book will be send via email after registration
CPD Points: 20
Registration is now closed
|TLS + 3rd EMAS 2019 Combo (Gov Non Doctor)||RM1,100|